Today was amazing. Firstly, I actually go some sleep - 12 hours worth!!! I have not been able to fall asleep and until last night have really only slept 6 of the previous 48 hours or so. Also, I finally feel all settled into my room. I have done all the fun, cutsie things like decorate, color coordinate and put everything in its proper place.
What really made today such a blessing, however, was my meeting with a woman named Naomi and attending service St. Mary's church this evening. Naomi is the student/college director at St. Mary's and I have been in contact with her since before i left the states (Thanks Rob!!!). So, we met for coffee this afternoon before service and chatted and got to know one another. She then introduced me to loads of people my age at church who either work there or simply attend regularly, and through a series of random meetings - going from meeting one person, to meeting their friend, to meeting that person's friend - I was invited to a dinner party after the service. The dinner was delicious (Thai food, authentically made and very spicy!) and i was also able to meet so many more people and make some Great connections in London!!! It was a little funny though, because everyone at the dinner party thought that I had known someone else at the dinner party for a long time, like i had a very good old friend or two or three who had invited me. So, people were shocked (but not in a bad way) when i told them i had just met everyone literally only 5 minutes beforehand!! Also, many people thought i was from canada. They thought that my accent sounded more canadian than american? I guess that is what i get for living in washington :) So, now i know how candadians feel when people ask them if they are from america. I was a little shocked, definitely not expecting it!
St. Mary's is a beautiful church and I instantly felt right at home. Other than the accents and some of the british jokes (which were lost on me), everything else - from worship to the type of speaking done by the pastor, John Peters - felt just like home. I cannot wait to go back and get involved with the college group.
Thanks everyone who has been praying for me! I know your prayers have helped. London is an amazing city and things are really starting to come together!! Please continue your prayers - I start school next week and who knows what will happen then :)

No comments:
Post a Comment