Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Spokane comes to London

So the first round of tests are done. I took the weekend off and literally, did nothing. Well, nothing 'educational.' Movies + Shopping + Sleeping + Baking. Good Weekend.

However, I didn't 'dive back in' on Monday morning either because, I had visitors!! Annie Stillar of Spokane, Washington decided to put all of her personality characteristics and anxieties behind her and travel over the pond to backpack through Europe for 1 month with her friend Loni. Their first stop was London, and voila! I have visitors!

It was soooo nice to have Annie and Loni here. Of course I took them to my favorite cupcake shop (hummingbird) and of course they loved it (blackbottom and red velvet cupcakes). But mostly, it was wonderful to have Spokane girls around, to catch up on Spokane gossip, and to have some good ol' fashion 'girl' time - chatting, taking photos, eating waaaaayyy too much sushi (half price sushi at the Bento Box leads easily into overindulgence) and laughing till our sides ached while listening to Annie attempt a conversation with her BF over skype. We could hear him, and hear his frustrations perfectly clear, but he couldn't hear us.

-"Annie, Annie, I can't hear you."

-"Okay, I can hear you... Noooooo! Don't go away! Your gone again!"

-"Annie, You are breaking up. What do I need to do? Gmail? whats that? I am downloading it now."

(pause for a whistle)

-"I have gmail, can we talk now?"

-"Annie? Why are people laughing? You are gone again. Annie, are you there???"

Freakin' hilarious.

It was a bit of cramp fitting three people in my tiny dorm room, but we made it work, and with the window open, it didn't smell too bad...

Oh yes! Did I mention that I am going to Ireland with them in June? No. oops, I left that out. Quick story. Loni and Annie, during their last weekend in Europe together are driving through the Irish country side for three days and then flying from Dublin to London and then Annie leaves London to go home.

I said, "I've always wanted to drive through Ireland."

Loni says, "come with us"

Then I say, "okay"

Ten minutes later I have two one way plane tickets. One to Cork (yes Cork, as in "Corker") and one from Dublin to London. And it just so happens that my exams finish - completely finish - the day before I leave to meet them. yay!

2 comments:

  1. so so so so so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I just read this! It made me laugh.... you are so great! And you made this characteristically anxious individual so much more at ease.. ;) True story. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete