Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. I have no class on Wednesdays, which is a great mid-week break. I used to be sad that I couldn't have the three or four day weekend, common to most students here who do not have class on Mondays or Fridays or both, but now, I really enjoy my mid-week "kit-kat." To those of you in the States, Kit-Kats in the UK are currently enjoying the fame and popularity of "give me a break, give me a break..." that this candy bar enjoyed in the United States circa the 1990's. And, apparently, according to Americans I have spoken to, they taste better here than at home. Whoa - side note, sorry.
Anyway, Wednesdays. I read, I write, I walk around. Very nice. And lately, on Wednesdays I have been allowing myself to sleep in, meaning waking up at any point beyond 5:30 am. I know, I know, 5:30! Well, here is my excuse (it may or may not be a good one); In my warped mind getting up early (and of course the earlier the better) is somehow more efficient, plus my parents did a good job of raising me to be the kind of person that always wakes up early; something that, when staying the night at friend's houses makes for awkward mornings as I would try to find things to do until the rest of the world is awake, usually, talk to the parents (and that is SO much fun for a 12 year old.) So today I slept in, woke up naturally and looked at my clock. 6:43 am. Good job Heather, you slept in...
So supposedly, in my spare time they (and by "they" I mean professors and scholars) tell me I should research for my dissertation, or organize my notes/readings for exams (which aren't until June) or attend uncompulsory lectures. No thanks, No thanks, and No thank you sir. Instead, I will blog, I will plan a trip to Paris (why not?) and I will pretend as though i actually did sleep in by not leaving my bedroom until after 9am. It is now 8:42 am, 18 more minutes to go!
Oh! And I have been slacking on keeping this blog up to date with my cupcake adventures. Expect an update soon. It will be big, there will be a lot of cupcakes involved and it will probably make you want to eat a cupcake, or five.
Dear Subscribers
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment