Welcome
Welcome March.
Welcome warmer weather,
Welcome warmer weather,
Welcome sunnier and longer days.
Welcome the rain that brings the flowers - daffodils and daisies.
Welcome new life and welcome new beginnings.
Welcome walks in parks and green, green grass.
Listen to the birds sing, as they are welcoming in the spring.

March. In like a lion and out like a lamb; unless of course you live in Spokane and can correctly anticipate a late blast of a winter snowy wonderland in May, or June. Heck, maybe this year it will even come in July...
All that aside, I must say that I really enjoy March. Despite the fact that all of my school work is done (presentations, essays, etc - I still have class), until I take exams in June, I feel as though this month holds so much promise. It is the month of hope as everyday there are new signs that spring is just around the corner and that winter is slowly fading into the background. In London the flowers are already beginning to bloom. Patches of grass are alive with pnk, yellow and purple buds of spring's earliest converts. With each day bringing warmer weather and more daylight, I can tell my mood is lifting. And as I walk through the city streets and in the parks, with friends or on my own ,I can feel myself falling more in love with London everyday.
Who knows, I may even miss this place afterall.

No comments:
Post a Comment