

(The tree in this bottom picture was christened "safety tree" as none of us were talented enough to stand up while simultaneously coming to a full stop)
Roller Disco.
Yes, that is right - roller. disco.
Bright lights, Rockin music, and wrist gaurds.

Last Sunday I opted not to go to church, and do some roller skating instead. The other girls, having not ever roller skated before, and/or simply having not gone in many years were a little nervous at the idea of putting wheels on their feet. Not me, I was the brave one. Roller skates? pfff! For children! I roller blade, and I have years of experience spent displaying my talents on wheels at 'skate nights' during my elementary years, at Pattison's Skate Rink. I knew I, 'master skater,' would be fine. And then... I put on roller skates.
Firstly, let me just say that roller skates are not stable. Secondly, they are nothing like roller blades.
I was the first to need the assistance of our "safety tree," however amidst much laughter, near disaster and a lot of effort, we each managed to make our way to the skate rink and the rest of the evening went smoothly. No broken bones, or bruised egos.

No comments:
Post a Comment