Monday, 3 August 2009

Prize Winner!!!!!!

\
second place prize!! I received a much needed icing set as well!! woo hooo!!

Okay, so "prize winner" sounds better than saying I was runner up, second place, or silver - just shy of the gold.

Doesn't matter, I now have in my possession a blue rosett, and a cool new bag full of goodies. I am a cupcake competition winner! There is always next month to go for the top prize - at least I don't have to wait four years like they do for the Olympics :)


My cupcake, and a photo of all the other entries!! (photos from the iron cupcake london website)

My pumpkin pie cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting were a hit! This is my second London cupcake competition, and, as usual I ate waaaay too many of the wonderful little cakes. So, not only did I leave with my prize, but with a sugar high and a slight tummy ache as well. I suppose everything has its price :)

Now. Back to this dissertation thing.

6 comments:

  1. Well done Heather!!! That blue rosette looks good on you :-D It was great to meet you last night.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Heather - it was a well deserved award as your cupcakes were delicious.

    Hope you enter next month and try to finish one higher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations..... they were amazing. So amazing in fact I've visited your blog in hopes of finding the recipe... Any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Soo - I will post the recipie for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I realise you've been busy with the whole dissertation thing...(congrats on finishing it! and bummer about the delay in turning it in) but if you do get a chance to you know - post the recipe.... :)

    (sorry for the nag -- but you would not believe how many people I've told about those cupcakes!)

    ReplyDelete