
The place I spend a good amount of time: the Library - outside and in

I am at the library now, and clearly, the atmosphere is getting to me; seeing as I am blogging about - a library.
August 7th. I cannot believe it is August already, as it has not felt at all like summer yet. Not just in weather (which, in case you were wondering is still rainy), but also in mindset. Summer felt longer when I was 8 years old. I am looking so forward to the moment when my degree is finished and my dissertation is turned in that, as soon as it happens, I am sure the little voice in my minde will say, "okay summer- here I come!" This will be followed by a reality check - reminding me that actually, it is September, and summer is over.
Oof. Another summer gone. The one redeeming quality of September is my birthday. Well, there are two redeeming qualities actually; the second being that it is apple season.
One month from today I board a long-haul flight back to Seattle, Washington. Strange. This year has had so many ups and downs, so many strange and significant happenings, that it has altogether gone by too quickly (as years tend to do). Like I said, summer felt longer when I was 8 years old.

No comments:
Post a Comment