I can't believe I have already been in London over a week. In many ways it feels like I have been here for months already, and, at the same time, it seems that I have just arrived.
I am still surprised by the cold. I knew London would be wet and rainy, but I never realized how incredibly cold it can be as well. I never seem to have enough layers and always seem to forget my umbrella on the days I need it most.
School starts tomorrow. I also begin attending meetings for all of the societies I joined (societies are just a posh, English way of saying 'clubs'). There were tons and tons to join and I could have easily joined about 50 of them. It was so hard to choose! I am very excited about the ones I did join though, and I think I will learn some great things.
Knitting - learn to knit! And have some tea and biscuits while doing so. They also go to off beat places in London for group dinners that sound fun.
Italian Society - I get to hang out with Italians, eat great food and take free Italian lessons!
Wine Appreciation - we taste wines from all over the world, visit a winery and of course, go to christmas parties and other parties where there is plenty of wine to appreciate.
Photography - take sweet pictures and learn more about taking sweet pictures.
And finally,
The Arts and Culture in London Society - this is sweet because someone else organizes 'cultural' events in London for us to go to and then we get great student prices! They do events like plays, concerts, art openings, museums, etc.
There are so many more. I still might join one more, but my plate is pretty full already. I know they won't all get my perfect attention, but it will be fun to bounce around and learn some things and meet some people.
My only hope is, now that school is starting that my time to explore London doesn't get sucked away too much...
Dear Subscribers
14 years ago

Hope your first day of class went well! I am enjoying the blogging, keep it up.
ReplyDelete