Traffic was back up and congested, even at the crosswalks and lights. I was in a gurry because I was late to meet someone. So, I decided to weave between the stopped cars and buses to get across the street. When I was literally steps away from the edge of the sidewalk, WHAM!
The next thing I knew I was on the ground. I looked over and realized what had happened when I saw a bike flipped over on the street and a man on the ground. I was worried he would be mad at me, (same roads, same rules, same rights, etc and he was on the ground...) and I was worried that I would be all the more late to meet my friend. Turns out, the guy was really nice and just wanted to make sure I was okay. Since we were still in the middle of the street, I apologized quikly, asked after his health after our crash (I mean, I am pretty tough and I was worried that my body of steel may have hurt him), and then I was on my way again, quickly making my way to meet my friend.
It was not until after I had met my friend and the two of us had walked back to my room that I realized that my hands were covered in blood. Further inspection found that my legs were all cut up, my knees were bruised and that my hip (which took the brunt of the crash) was turning black and blue very quickly and with each second became more painful. the cuts and bruises in the picture, while i believe they are healing, actually look much worse and the bruises are now much bigger than when these pictures were taken...
I am okay. I survived. I have cuts and scrapes and it looks like I got into some nasty fight if you just look at my hands and lip (like i said, i am tough). But the worst part was waking up the next day. sooooo sore. worse then the day after at the gym....
Moral of this story. Bikers are cars too. look out.

No comments:
Post a Comment