Thursday, 8 January 2009

little things that make life wonderful

Baking. I love it. I love the process and I love the final product.

I have decided to begin baking, again. I went a little 'bake crazy' over the holidays, due to the lack of being able to bake anything here in London. Student accomodation apparantly does not include baking dishes or bowls (as if simply living in a dorm room is not cruel enough... they don't provide us the means to make sweet and savoury snacks!)

So I have come to a decision. I am going to buy myself some pans. Good ones. Some muffin tins, a bread pan, and, if I feel like splurging a little, maybe even some cake pans!

What wonderful delight shall be carefully crafted first? Hmmm, well, there is the famous American chocolate chip cookie; my grandmother's banana chocolate chip muffins (a favorite at home); gooey, chocolatey brownies; beer bread; or maybe if I am adventurous I will try to make some obscure British dish...

Next challenge - ingredients. Wish me luck finding such things in Central London.

No comments:

Post a Comment