Cupcakes.
Delicious mini versions of the wonderful dessert renound for being served on birthdays.
Today is my dear friend Katie Collin's Birthday. 23. whoa. A big one. So, in honor of her I decided to eat a cupcake (and, consequently continue with my goal of eating as many cupcakes as possible from as many different cupcake bakeries as possible.)
Today's lucky cupcake was from the Primrose Bakery on Tavistock Street near Covent Garden (aka, near me). This little bakery is outlet number two, with the original bakery over on Primrose Hill (who'dve thought).
There were many scrumtious little delights to choose from, carrot cake, coconut, rose (ick! I don't know why europeans are obsessed with this flavor), lemon, lime (yes, lemon AND lime, but not together), chocolate, vanilla and mocha. The staple flavors are available each day, but each new day also brings new flavors! (I think I may have just found a favorite place to 'study')
My final decision was on mocha. wonderfully chocolatey, moist and with a delicious coffee flavored, creamy frosting on top; decorated with two chocolate covered espresso beans. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
loved it. And of course it looked pretty too.
There is something wonderful about eating something that not only tastes good, but looks good too.

Thanks for doing this in honor of me Heather ;) Mocha was a great choice!
ReplyDelete