Sunday, 11 January 2009

Lost in Londontown

(look what I found dad! Just for you. Don't worry mom, I am looking for a Belinda street, even a 'sue' street if I can.)

There is a real novelty to being in London without any real school work to do. Lately I have given into random wanderings around the city. Some may call it 'wasting time' while others would consider it 'exploring'. Either way, I have found some interesting and cool things, along with places I don't plan on returning.

While explorig SOHO I accidentally fell upon London's "red light district". Surrounded by sex book shops, sex toy shops, many shady looking clubs and thai massage outlets, I quickly took the nearest side street to get me back to a more, um, comfortable area.

On Friday, after getting lost in ritzy South Kensington I finally found my way to the Natural History museum and spent an afternoon with the dinosaurs.

Saturday brought me to Brick Lane, where I explored the vintage shops and unique restaurants with Holly- a pal from French class. Despite the FREEZING weather, (I am pretty sure we were completely numb by the end of the day) we endured walking outdoors and rewarded ourselves with some yummy pizza, followed by a movie.
(The two pizzas were pumpkin goat cheese and fennel with vegetables.)

Sunday. It was like sprintime came early today. The weather was a balmy 9-10 degrees Celcius (approximately 40-45 degrees fahrenheit), perfect weather for wandering through the Columbia Road flower market. Nicole and I wandered around east London and through the market on Sunday afternoon. I must say, East London is quickly becoming one of my favorite areas in the whole of London.

















We found a cupcake shop, called 'Treacle'. Cupcake shops are all over the place in London! My new goal is to try as many different cupcakes from different shops as possible. I am very much looking forward to accomplishing this goal :-)
I will keep you updated on my progress.


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm pizza and cupcakes!?!?! Rough life... Did you make those pizzas from scratch? They were such interesting combinations! Well I am just so excited for your London adventures... can't wait to hear more about them :)

    ReplyDelete