Wow, I cannot believe it has been a month since I last wrote, almost exactly to the day. After a late evening flight out of Seatlle on Monday, I finally landed in London this afternoon (London time) on Tuesday. So far, the two days have really blended together and for a while I wasn't sure what the date or day was (not that I usually do anyway).
This las month at home has been such a blessing. It was incredibly refreshing to see friends and spend time at home (even if the time at home was forced, due to being snowed in). Going home really made me realize what incredible family and friends I have and that Spokane, despite being Spokane, really is a wonderful place to be and live. Although being stranded at home because of the snow was beginning to get a annoying, I do miss the snow a little. It is beautiful and makes everything look clean and refreshed. The snow is definitely something the northwest does right!
My journey back to London consisted of a trip through the pass to Seattle, so I could catch my British Airways direct flight from Seattle to London. My dad drove me and we got lucky. Barely made it over the pass before they closed it, and he is still stuck in Seattle beacause he can't get through the pass to get home. (I love ya dad, thanks for being stuck in a car for me). Despite faceing the always worrisome snow, our journey was great. We stopped off in Yakima to take my Uncle Jeff home, which gave me the opportunity to stop by and talk with my good friend Katie Collins (one of those college roomate things). Also, I got the chance to see and spend time with the wonderful Wegelebens. Donna, Lindsay, my dad and I had a great time staying up and talking over banana splits and hot buttered rum.
It was the first time i have ever had hot buttered rum and I must say, it is delicious!
It was a really emotional goodbye for me. Once again, I left my family, and some friends, at the airport and headed abroad for like the 5th time. I don't usually cry at airports, I usually wait until I am at my destination and alone, but I broke down this time. Even hours before we departed I had to try my best to hold back to the tears at the thought of leaving home, yet again. When I finally had to say goodbye to my Dad, the tears came.
When I landed in London, I felt a little better and I was (and am) excited to be back in the city and back to being productive again. Vacations are wonderful, but they can never last forever, even in Spokane. Everything about my travels went well and easy. And then I got back to my dorm room. The second I walked into this prison cell little room I became instantly depressed and clauster-phobic (I definitely did not spell that right).
After a walk and busying myself with unpacking, I feel much better now. I am ready to tackle all of the homework I didn't do over break and be reunited with my lovely European Friends!

your post makes me miss college (some things at least)
ReplyDelete