Monday, 2 February 2009

Groundhog, what do you say?

Either I am cursed, or this is God's idea of a good laugh.

Despite my complete aversion to anything cold (except of course, ice cream on a HOT summer day), the chilly and snowy weather seems to follow me wherever I go.

Example #1: Spokane, Washington. It began snowing on December 17th (on day after my arrival home) and did not stop for three weeks until the day I left. Producing, roughly, 7 feet of snow. The most snow than any other December on record.

Example #2: London. Mid-October 2008, random snowfall. Very unusual for this rainy, moderate climate.

Example #3: London. February 1, 2009. Snow begins, snow doesn't stop for 24 hours. Receive almost a foot of snow. Feb. 2, 2009. City shuts down. This storm is, and I quote, "the worst snow storm in London in over 2 decades." No buses, trams or trains operating in the city.



(London yesterday, Feb. 1)


(London today, Feb.2)

Ha. Ha.

Well, at least school is cancelled today! It is amazing how snow days can make any student excited, no matter if they are 10 years old, or 22.

1 comment:

  1. In his movie Love and Death, Woody Allen stated in his closing soliloquy: I don't think God is evil, but I do think he is playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh. -- Uncle Paul.

    ReplyDelete