The Lasting Days. A great English band who can really put on a great show. I went to their gig on Friday night at a pub in Islington, at the same pub where U2 first got their start (The Hope and Anchor)! My favorite part was definitely when they broke out the violin and started going crazy on it at the show! I absolutely adore the sound of the violin; any band that can work this instrument into their music is considered amazing in my book :-)
The above video, which, doesn't do The Lasting Days enough justice, is after the show at a friend's flat - My friend's, flatmate's, brother is the lead guitarist in the band (sounds a bit confusing, I know) - so the whole band came over and we got a much more intimate performance. The evening was made complete with candlelight, some pizza ordering at 2am and some hooka. This was an epic night, made all the more so by the fact that I did not get home until after 5am!
Did I mention that the lead guitarist was really cute.... definitely made the whole thing more enjoyable for me :-)

Heather,
ReplyDeleteThat looks like an excellent 'fish house'. There's nothing like a good 'chipper'.
Did you know that the Lasting Days are coming to London on March 7th?