Of course there are a million things I could blog about: School, London, clubbing, pubbing, random people and things I see on the street daily.... but, lucky you - I went to another cupcake shop!! So, of course, adhering to my mission, and to my promise that I would tell you all about the cupcake wonders of London, I will be blogging today about Bake-a-Boo Bakery! (I love the alliteration used in the title!)
It was quite a journey to reach this little place. While procrastinating and surfing the internet, I came across a reference to Bake-a-boo, a cupcake shop I had not heard of yet! So, naturally, I got directions and off I went the very next day. It is located in West Hampstead, which just happens to be the burbs of London. After a 35 minute tube ride to suburbia, it was another 15 minute (make that 30 minute - we got lost) walk to this little bakery. The cupcakes at Bake-a-Boo were beautifully displayed and decorated. The shop was wonderfully decorated in a romantic victorian style, (very girly, and it just so happens that I drug a southern American, very 'manly' man with me, so seeing him in there - the only guy- was quite funny).
The cupcakes: I ordered a strawberry cupcake (unfortunately, many of the cupcakes were wheat, gluten and dairy free; the strawberry one also happened to be) and a chocolate cupcake - for later, of course. The cupcakes were good, but nothing to sing praises about. They tasted like the 'boxed' cupcakes you would make at home. No need to go trapsing through London for an hour just to have one. They were a bit dry too. Maybe sitting out to long? Maybe too much flour? Who knows? The chocolate cupcake I ate when I got home (couldn't resist!). It had a bit more of a unique flavor. It tasted like the chocolate crinkle cookies everyone makes at Christmas time. All in all, the cupcake flavor was pretty generic.
Despite the lack-luster cupcakes, Bake-a-boo is a great coffee house. It would be an excellent place to read a magazine, do some homework or catch up with some girlfriends! (remeber though, that I decided it would be a good idea to bring a guy along with me on my 2 hour journey to the girliest place I have seen in London)

Not sure where in London you've been so far, but West Hampstead isn't really a 'suburb'. It's in zone 2 (on the tube map), which Londoners would describe as quite central.
ReplyDeletehaha. Sorry, don't mean to offend. But, I currently live in the West End, and, for the purposes of my readers back at home - West Hampstead certainly had a suburbia feel. Loved the area though, very nice.
ReplyDelete